Last Friday, June 6th, I celebrated my 40th Birthday. It is hard to believe that 40 years has come and gone. Reflecting back, it has been a roller coaster ride. Ups and downs but always in a forward motion. I am so excited to see what the next 40 years of my life is going to be like....right now....my life is pretty perfect. I hope it continues on this wonderful roller coaster ride. I would rather take out the really big hills and just continue to coast into the future instead of rollering. :)
So, on with my birthday celebration.....
It was a bit bittersweet. Two days prior to my birthday, I fell and hurt my foot really bad. By Friday, my birthday, it was hurting so bad that it brought tears to my eyes. Well, as it went, I spent 2 hours of my birthday in URGENT care trying to find out what was wrong with my foot. They x-rayed it and found nothing. So the dr assumed that I pulled a tendon on the outside of my foot, gave me crutches and said get off your foot and rest. (YEA, right with 8 kids).
While at URGENT care, I had lots of teasing. Since they can see from the chart that I was there on my birthday. Some nurses asked if I was drunk when I fell.....no I said. They laughed and said I probably wouldn't be here if I was drunk....I wouldn't have hurt my foot. LOL
So, let's talk about the fun stuff.....
My husband and baby took me to a nice quiet breakfast at Mimi's Cafe here in town. Unbeknownst to me, all the other kids were busy decorating the house for my arrival. When I returned....the house was full of balloons, all the kids were home, and there were streamers everywhere. It just made me smile.
I opened presents - my husband bought me a emerald necklace and ring, some 1968 joke stuff like a coffee mug with event from 1968, a "VINTAGE 1968" t-shirt (HAHAHA), playing cards with 1968 trivia, some clothes, a hand-drawn picture, a gift certificate to OLD NAVY, an IOU for the new Wii Fit video game (REMEMBER: my list for 2008 - was to get healthy and fit) :)
All in all, it was a nice quiet birthday with my husband and children.
No comments:
Post a Comment